#30posesin30days Day 24: Parivrtta Janusirsasana - Revolved Head to Knee Pose. #yogapose #showusyouryoga
This is a wonderful lengthening stretch for the hip, arm and side body that leaves you feeling energized and refreshed.
Moving from yesterday’s Cobblers pose, extend the left leg out at a comfortable angle. You want to find a position where the leg is long and straight. Align you shoulders over the hips and as you inhale reach the arm up above the head. Bring a slight twist into the waist so the torso faces the bend right knee. Lengthening into your fingertips then exhale into a side stretch, so you are beginning to lower the left ear towards the leg. Find somewhere you can comfortably hold bringing the arms to wherever you reach, down to the leg, foot or the mat. Depending on the variation you choose the arm can reach alongside the ear, up towards the ceiling or deep so on your flexibility to the foot. Breathe into the side body and feel the expansion of the body with the breath.
Holding here as long as you’re comfortable and then moving out of the pose with your inhalation, lifting up and then practicing on the other side.
Things to keep in mind:
1) Start aligned and stay aligned; shoulders over hips - shoulder over thigh.
2) Maintain that slight rotation in the waist so that your chest is perpendicular with the floor, opening towards the front.
3) Hold the neck along the same line as your spine.
4) Don’t pull the body into the stretch instead relax yourself deeper as you exhale.
5) Shoulders away from the ears one stacked above the other. Relax the jaw and throat.
Some benefits of #parivrittajanusirsasana include,
stretching the spine, shoulders, and hamstrings,
stimulating the filter organs: liver and kidneys,
can relieve mild backache,
and can help to reduce anxiety and fatigue.
#yoga #yogamonth #practice #stretch #lengthen #yogachallenge #yogaforall #yogaforeverybody #breathe #om #namaste #yogalove #asana #yogi #janusirsasans #yogini #headtokneepose #grace #space #wellness #gowithin